Sunday, January 15, 2017

2017 Ecuador * Quiet Adventure Ahead * January 15

“I wandered everywhere, through cities and countries wide. 
And everywhere I went, the world was on my side.” 
~Roman Payne


Wanderlust allows me to stay in one spot only so long.  I feel it is again time to move on to a quiet adventure ahead.  The frigid and gray days in Maine also push me out the door.  My nature craves sunshine .. my depression demands it.

The holiday season has come and gone.  I have read "Without Reservations" by Alice Steinbach.  The images her words create in my imagination tempt me to travel.  Each chapter starts with a note to her other self. 

"Dear Alice,  How odd that a chance meeting with a woman named Letty would add a large piece to the puzzle of how to enjoy life as you grow older.  Letty's found the secret, I think, to staying young.  How?  By responding as a child does:  seeing the world as it is, not as we wish it to be.   Love, Alice"

Quotations and photographs inspire me.  I wish to step out from the norm of my little life, to take these quiet adventures, to know other people and countries and spirits ... to learn a tiny bit of what this amazing World has to offer ... beyond my life-long residency in New England.  

It is delicate at times to leave those I love behind, especially during times of transition ... but one could wait and wait forever to be sure that "nothing will happen" while away.   Things will happen.   Life brings constant change ... those who truly know our heart, know that, regardless of distance, we are always together.


 ˜
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment